SureVoIP is delighted to make the finalists’ shortlist for the 2015 ITSPA Best Business ITSP (Medium Enterprise) award.
The Award is open to companies offering a VoIP service to medium size enterprises for more than 10 and less than 150 employees/seats.
The company winning this category must provide the best all round voice service to medium size businesses. This company has to provide a good selection of business features, including multiple telephone numbers; call queuing as well as support for remote workers.
Entrants were also required to submit details of its operation, a case study for review and undergo two months of technical testing which examined reliability, stability and quality of its VoIP service. A panel of independent experts have chosen the winners based on their written self-assessments and providing they have passed the benchmark testing metrics.
The winners are announced on the 19th March 2015.
“INNOVATIVE MPLS NETWORK OPENS NEW MARKETS & OPPORTUNITIES FOR SURETEC SYSTEMS”
“Due to the new VoIP optimised Internet connectivity, SureVoIP’s customers’ telephone calls and broadband traffic goes straight into the heart of the network without having to go over public Internet. Along with Suretec’s presence in the two main UK public Internet exchanges, LINX and LONAP and more recently IXManchester, it is in full control and provides a higher level of service than in previous years, resulting in one of the best networks for business VoIP and broadband in the UK.”
Full Case Study on Axians website – Full PDF version
Just a quick one to say that we made it! We are finalists for two ITSPA awards!
We entered the SureVoIP Telecoms Cloud VoIP API in to the “Most Innovative VoIP Product/Service” category and SureVoIP for the “Best Business ITSP (Small Enterprise)”. See the 2013 ITSPA Awards for more info.
Thanks to everyone for supporting us and being our customers!
Hope you’re having a great year too? With 2012 almost coming to an end it’s time to just summarise where we are and what’s been happening in our world of VoIP.
We’ve now doubled our VoIP capacity with BT wholesale again to meet upcoming business in 2013. What else? Here’s a quick list as I know you’re very busy:
- We have secured funding from the Scottish Business Gateway for a new business plan and sales and marketing work. This is paving the way for us to develop our own ISP related to VoIP in 2013. It is also helping with a new marketing video, website revamp, better purchase experience so your products are instantly live and a new customer and partner portal (plus other things)
- We’ve joined RIPE – those techies of you will know this is the first step to running your own Broadband and other connectivity products
- We’ve entered the ITSPA Awards again have high hopes we’ll win it
- Our iPhone app is getting shown to us this month which is being developed in partnership with RGU
- We’re closed for Christmas (I hope you are too)
- We’re launching a brand new conferencing and web meeting product (more this month but it is a real game changer)
- We’re moving office so we can accommodate more staff
- We’re working hard on the most requested feature which is call packages
- The SureVoIP API developer portal will be ready after the new year
- SureVoIP partners are using the API in some cool ways
We’ve a couple of press releases out before the year end so keep an eye out. How has your year been?
P.S. Have you seen our SureVoIP 5 star reviews?
Did you know we have at least 6 companies doing really clever things right now using the SureVoIP Cloud VoIP API?
- Telephone call generation for click to call via a customers website
- We send out VoIP handset status events (actually SIP Presence events from our hosted VoIP platform exposed via JSON) which one company uses to update a webpage to show call centre agents availability
- CRM integration for call popups and call records using a well known CRM platform. This uses our core push events called WebHooks which sends call progress status when someone calls a SureVoIP inbound number (ringing, answered, onhold, hangup)
- Customer portal and .NET wrapper (which will be made open source on our github repo)
- SMS notifications in a well known hotel chain
- SMS alerts to contact the on call I.T. support via an internal portal
All cool stuff and exactly the kind of thing we like to see! Once we have released the new SureVoIP Developer portal you can see all these (once we get permission) with code examples, in the App gallery.
So why are they using SureVoIP? We have an amazing developer API that is fast, connected directly into the core UK telephone network (unlike other non-communication providers that just bolt one on to an existing provider) and access to it comes with every SureVoIP Product and Service.
We are working hard adding and completing more features, exposing more of our hosted VoIP features and improving the API documentation, as well as working with a local University to develop our first mobile App (Apple iOS6 then Android).
Well, after what seems ages and ages we’ve finally got our Raspberry Pi:
There’s already been some cool posts about putting VoIP software on to it. We’re going to do some tests and see what cool things we can do with it and the SureVoIP API
Will keep you posted. I really don’t know what took so long for ours to arrive when most others got theirs in June!
For the past month we’ve been working on adding Instant Messaging to our Products and Services.
I’m excited to say that it’s now in live Beta and included for free with all SureVoIP Products and Services. This furthers goes to confirm your choice in becoming a SureVoIP customer.
You can also expect some more brilliant things to come out over next 6 months including Cloud Contacts. This product allows all of your staff contact details and personal addressbook to be available to you from your desk phone, e-mail software and any software that can talk to our Directory Servers (it uses the LDAP protocol and OpenLDAP software).
Please contact us to receive your SureVoIP Instant Messaging Beta account details. If you are a SureVoIP Hosted VoIP customer then your details are waiting for you.
See the SureVoIP Instant Messaging page for more information and our setup guides.
We have made live our new infographics which cover how VoIP works when using SureVoIP for customers, and how the SureVoIP Partner programs and SureVoIP VoIP API work. Enjoy!
Just a quick one to say that we are delighted to announce a very competitive UK mobile price drop from 9.5p ex VAT to 7p ex VAT for calls to O2, 3, Orange, T-Mobile and Vodafone using SureVoIP.
P.S. Read the latest SureVoIP reviews
Those of you on Twitter would have seen the news first, but in case you didn’t:
- Facebook buys Instagram photo sharing network for $1bn
- Why Microsoft spent $1 billion on AOL’s patents
The first one is cool and shows you how the social media sector can pay for itself when an app is released free. Instagram allows you to takes pics and automatically upload them up to Twitter, Facebook and do fancy effects on them. The native Facebook iPhone app was clunky to use with pics.
There are also 13 guys in Instagram now all worth almost $100m (CEO got most). The general comment is that the Android release last week had a big impact on the deal and also their powerful RESTful API and OAuth 2 (just like the SureVoIP API, but we weren’t first 🙂 ).
The scary news is that the newly owned Microsoft patents are so powerful. They just bought one for SSL, you know, the thing that allows you to go to https:// for your bank and the whole web.
There’s a lot of other mobile patents in that list too. Food for thought as to what damage they can do in the future like create a Microsoft tax for many things and kill a lot of mobile innovation and there’s even some in there about VoIP!