Following on from Changes to calling UK Mobiles last month, from the 1st of August there will be changes to what you will be charged when calling UK Geographic numbers (e.g. phone numbers beginning with 01, 02 and 03) as per Ofcom regulations. This all depends on what Caller ID you use. If you show a UK, EU, USA Caller ID or a Caller ID from the approved country list, then there is no change.
For all our Hosted VoIP customers and customers where we control your Caller ID, then you do not need to worry about this.
How this might affect you…
- If you only ever send your calls with a valid UK Caller ID then you do not need to worry about this, those calls are unaffected
- If you send calls to us with missing, invalid or incorrectly formatted Caller ID then you will pay a surcharge per minute in addition to the usual price per minute to UK Geographic numbers
- If you send calls to us with an International Caller ID to UK Geographic numbers, from a country that appears in the surcharge list, then you will be surcharged
Some key points:
- This applies to outbound calls only.
- This includes forwarded calls to UK geographic and mobile numbers
- This only applies to calls made to UK Landlines (also known as UK geographic numbers, e.g. phone numbers beginning with 01 and 02s) from 1st August 2021.
- The surcharge rate is in addition to the usual rate and is per minute, so you should add the two together to get your total call charge.
Any questions, please get in touch.