We pride ourselves on taking our customer obligation seriously, and this is why we review and implement security fixes, bugs fixes, and keep abreast of the latest technologies. We work hard to ensure our platform is always stable and available. That's why you use a Cloud service and that’s what you pay us for. As part of operating a Hosted VoIP platform, or any Software as a Service (SaaS) platform, it is our responsibility to keep the platform up to date.
Therefore, I am very excited to announce SureVoIP® Hosted v4. This has been live in our Edinburgh Datacentre since October 2016 with all new customers provisioned on it since November 2016. It had been tested by ourselves for 6 months prior to this.
During our maintenance window on the 16th of March, 2017 between 22:00 and 23:00 we will be migrating all customers to our new SureVoIP® Hosted platform in Edinburgh, away from our current platform in London. That platform will remain and be upgraded at a later time.
There will be a period of time between your phones connecting to the new version of our Hosted platform and your numbers pointing to it, so during this period some calls may not reach you. These will be directed to voicemail instead. Outgoing calls should fail over automatically. Please note, only our Hosted VoIP customers are affected by this maintenance. Select customers have already been migrated to this new version due to the complexity of their business requirements.
Some of the changes in the new Hosted version include (but are not limited to):
– A New and Improved Web Interface
– Improved Call Forwarding – Ability to call forward on Busy/No Answer/Not Registered signals
– Voicemail-to-email can now be sent not only as attachments, but also as download or listen links
– Voicemail can now expose a menu to the caller, allowing them to press buttons to transfer to other destinations instead of leaving a voicemail
– Missed call notifications via email
– Call Block menu
– Call Detail Record usability and speed improvements
– Many Fax improvements
– New Call Centre Operator Panel
– Many bug fixes and smaller improvements.
If you would like to have your calls forwarded to an alternate number, or if you have any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0330 445 0000.
The SureVoIP® Support Team.