The Suretec/SureVoIP office will be closed for normal business on Monday 23rd December and re-open on the Monday 6th January 2014.
If you have an emergency support requirement you can use our 24/7 emergency customer support telephone number 01224 245012. SureVoIP partners can call the on call support engineers directly.
Please note: this is for extreme emergencies regarding loss of service, not sales. When you call this number you will be asked for your SureVoIP telephone number and/or account number by a helpdesk agent.
Process: The helpdesk will call our internal test number to check all inbound and outbound systems. If there are no problems detected you will be advised to restart your equipment and verify your internet connection. If you are still experiencing a problem and require immediate assistance which can not wait until normal business hours, a call will be placed to our on call support engineers.
We will already be alerted of any serious problems on our core systems due to our automated 24/7 monitoring and will post information about the problem on our Service Status page and SureVoIP Twitter Service Status feed, so please check these first.
Thanks and enjoy the holidays!
Some of you will already know that currently SureVoIP rents servers in London and owns and co-locates some in Edinburgh. This is all about to change. Those of you that follow SureVoIP on Twitter and read the SureVoIP Blog or have chatted to me personally at GraniteExpo 2013 last month will already know all about this.
As of now we are an independent ISP, but more specifically an Internet Telephony Service Provider in our own right. We made our first test VoIP call last week across are new network. Here are the details and what you can expect this to bring to our SureVoIP Partners, your customer and our direct customers. This has been fully self-funded (and fully paid for outright) via your hard work which is now almost fully deployed:
- Juniper and Cisco based with an on site 4 hour response support SLA
- Full Out of Band management network
- RIPE LIR – https://stat.ripe.net/as199659
- IPv4 and IPv6 based using our directly assigned IP address allocations
- Based in Telehouse East – full rack and directly contracted with Telehouse
- Small PoP in Edinburgh which will be expanded once we join IXScotland
- Level3 Tier 1 provider for transit – directly contracted with Level3
- NTT Tier 1 provider for transit – directly contracted with NTT
- Members of LINX (London Internet Exchange) – Check the members page – https://www.linx.net/about/memberlist/letter/S
- Fluidata interconnect for full UK coverage in order to for us to provide internet connectivity which is VoIP optimised. This includes ADSL, FTTX, EFM, Leased lines, VPLS and MPLS services (we can start doing quotations for you now)
- Interconnect/peering with current ISP partners
- Interconnecting with BT Wholesale (via physical fibres) and existing carriers
- All on-net access meaning VoIP calls from our internet products do not cross the public internet
- Those of you that wish to host VoIP equipment with us and be physically connected, now can be
- SLA’s when using our own connectivity products
- New SIP security platform allowing fully encrypted SIP trunks (which is currently only available on hosted handset calls)
- IPv6 VoIP ability
- Broadband with no general internet access for security, allowing low cost VoIP optimised connectivity directly in to our platforms
- New dual services using SRV records and/or two IP addresses, no more Primary and Secondary
- Much more contracted control with less hops (try pinging/traceroute to 126.96.36.199-62 versus sip.surevoip.co.uk)
- Connected to the core of the UK internet
- Microsoft Lync compatible SIP trunks using new security platform (including Office365 Enterprise)
- Members of IXScotland Steering Committee
- New public access contacts platform available via our public LDAP servers – ldap.surevoip.co.uk – sync with LinkedIn, Google etc.
- New portal coming for billing with call packages, partner access, per customer tariffs and discount, nice invoices with call stats and graphs which is all driven by the SureVoIP API
- Partner access monitoring platform to monitor your customers IP networks and services
as well as all of above the following things are ongoing:
That’s a lot to digest and I’m sure you have tons of questions! We’ll keep you updated on the migration plans and new IP addresses too.
Lastly, don’t forget our opening hours for the Christmas period.